Re: Can I get only the unsubscribed leads through their activity rather than whole set of activities

Murali_Nagula
Level 2

Can I get only the unsubscribed leads through their activity rather than whole set of activities

The requirement is to get the unsubscribed leads through their activity. I am trying to use the end point 

GET /rest/v1/activities/leadchanges.json. I want to get the only activities of Unsubscribe activity type. Is there a way to apply filter on activity type ?

Are there any better ways to get in this information incrementally (using datatime)  ?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Can I get only the unsubscribed leads through their activity rather than whole set of activities

Can you settle with a smart list export that includes unsubscribed and unsubscribed reason? unsubscribed reason contains a timestamp but not all unsubscribed records will have a unsubscribed reason and thus no timestamp. depending on the number of blank unsubscribed reasons, you could manually look up the datetime that unsubscribe was changed

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You seem to be mixing terms a little.

Get Lead Changes is giving you a subset of the Activity Log. It amounts to a pre-filtered list of the Data Value Changed Activity Type.

You filter it further by adding the fields query parameter, i.e. fields=Unsubscribed.

Murali_Nagula
Level 2

Thanks Sanford. Yes it is difficult to explain the requirements in detail.

But I am looking for subset of activity log of changes only to unsubscribed

field starting from a given datetime. I have observed that the result set,

after setting the filter on unsubscribe, gets newly created leads/person

records also.

Just one last question.. is there any possibility of including email in the

response object for this API call ? If not I can find other ways to get

email given the lead id.

I appreciate your quick response

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 6:14 PM Sanford Whiteman <

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The result from Get Lead Changes is designed as a guide for a subsequent fetch by Lead ID, or for joining with an existing Lead ID table. It's not intended to also be a snapshot containing other lead fields.

(The REST API Activity endpoints are like this -- if you want the full context of the lead you have to use the Leads endpoints as well.)

The New Lead activities are also contained in the feed of changes b/c if someone is added to your system with the Unsubscribed field already set -- you may be interested in that "sort-of change" as well.

Though it's actually a first-time insert rather than a true change, the person must have a value for that field by definition.

If you wanted to be able to ignore all the New Lead activities themselves (though those entries would still be in the feed) but know which people whose Unsubscribed started as false or changed to false, you could have a Smart Campaign triggering on New Person that flipped their Unsubscribed to true and then immediately back to false. Then that would appear as a change to false in the feed.

Murali_Nagula
Level 2

Thank you Sanford. Thats what I thought.

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 8:31 PM Sanford Whiteman <