SOLVED

Can I add a snippet to a form?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Can I add a snippet to a form?

There's specific language we want to place before each submit button of our forms. We have various forms... Is it possible to use a snippet to do this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can I add a snippet to a form?

Snippets can't be natively inserted into a form (i.e. in Form Editor).

However, you can insert a Snippet into a page (Marketo LP, obviously) as a hidden content block and then use the Marketo Forms API to move the content into the form itself, like right before the submit button as you describe (I assume it's a T&C type thing).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Are you sure you don't mean Tokens? You can't put a snippet in a form but you can put tokens -- but I believe they can not be my.tokens which is likely what you need to be able to manage your specific language needed.

Danielle_Wong

Hi JD, thanks for the help!

If we placed the token in 10 different forms, and we need to update the copy that's in the token, we just need to update the token in one place and it'll update it in all the forms?

For some reason, I thought snippets could do that. (or maybe I'm just confusing myself.. been a long week!)

Thank you

JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Not really, because I think what you're describing is a my.token not a system token; so the information provided wouldn't necessarily be that easy to change.

I think what you want is to have a snippet that embeds the form, that way you can have text around it that you can edit and it will appear wherever the snippet is found. I've never embedded a form in a snippet, but seems to work, here: https://nation.marketo.com/message/147137-re-add-a-form-to-a-snippet#comment-147137

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Snippets can't be natively inserted into a form (i.e. in Form Editor).

However, you can insert a Snippet into a page (Marketo LP, obviously) as a hidden content block and then use the Marketo Forms API to move the content into the form itself, like right before the submit button as you describe (I assume it's a T&C type thing).

Danielle_Wong

Thanks for the info! I will give this a try