Can I abort part of a smart campaign after it was already activated?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I abort part of a smart campaign after it was already activated?

Hi,

I already activated a smart campaign that has in its flow a "wait" step of 24 hours between email 1 and email 2. Can I abort the smart campaign after email 1 was already sent to prevent email 2 from sending?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can I abort part of a smart campaign after it was already activated?

Sari,

Please move this discussion to Products​ for a more prompt response.

If all members of the smart campaign are in the wait step between the emails, just remove the second send email from the flow. Once all people are out of the wait step, they will simply finish the flow and will not be sent the other email. If you remove the wait step, those already in the wait step will continue to wait the original duration. I would remove the second email flow step first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. will move it.

I had no idea that you can play with the flow after the campaign was already activated. good to know!

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Tagging on to this post:

Last year we had a campaign that included a 1 week wait step. Even when trying to abort the campaign, individuals in the wait step still received the email.

What is the proper way to aborting the campaign and canceling the wait step? It didn't seem to work for us when we tried this last year and we're in a situation where we may have to do the same thing again.