SOLVED

Can I Customize Source name: Web Service API to Something Else?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Can I Customize Source name: Web Service API to Something Else?

I have a few integrations via API and when a new lead is created, I can pull a list of the new leads from the APIs by using Source = Web Service API. However, I also need to pull a list specifically from our Consent Management System api, however, I'm not able to identify those leads. So is there a way to have the Web Service API value be customized to say CMS Web Service API or something?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Re: Can I Customize Source name: Web Service API to Something Else?

Hi Danielle,

I do not think you are able to customize the "Web Service API" source text to something else.

I would recommend that you leverage another field(s) such as the "Lead Source" and "Lead Source Detail" field(s) to populate your "source" for the records that come in from a specific Web Service API. You would need to include the Lead Source Field API name into your list when pushing the record into Marketo.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Floyd

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Danielle,

I do not think you are able to customize the "Web Service API" source text to something else.

I would recommend that you leverage another field(s) such as the "Lead Source" and "Lead Source Detail" field(s) to populate your "source" for the records that come in from a specific Web Service API. You would need to include the Lead Source Field API name into your list when pushing the record into Marketo.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Floyd

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

So is there a way to have the Web Service API value be customized to say CMS Web Service API or something?

It depends in which API endpoint you're talking about.

If using the modern /push.json then you can source-tag every call to the endpoint. See my comments here:

If using the older /lead.json you cannot. In that case I would create a field specifically to log this, like APIUserTag, rather than using the system Lead Source field. Require your client apps to populate this field on insert. If you use an API gateway -- strongly recommended but admittedly out of reach for many people as you need IT involvement -- then you can enforce the tagging yourself.