Can I Create Custom Tokens from the Opportunity Table?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I Create Custom Tokens from the Opportunity Table?

Hi,

I have added a number of custom fields to the Opportunity table (actually called Order in my instance).  One of which is called "Reservation End Date."  I'd like to trigger a wait step in a Smart Campaign like so:

3 days after {{opportunity.Reservation End Date}} at 10:00 AM PST

Looks like I can only create this type of token from:

{{lead.

{{company.

{{system.

Further, I can only create custom tokens using a static date field.

Any ideas here?

Cheers,

Clare

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Can I Create Custom Tokens from the Opportunity Table?

Hi Claire,

No, that is not possible. Just imagine that a given Marketo lead might be involved in 2 or more opportunities. In this case, what would the token render ?

But you could also create your own tokens for programs (Understanding My Tokens in a Program - Marketo Docs - Product Docs ). Amongst the program token type are email scripts, only for emails. See here for the velocity tokens : Email Scripting » Marketo Developers 

-Greg

Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

Re: Can I Create Custom Tokens from the Opportunity Table?

Since you can't use opportunity fields as tokens as mentioned, one solution is to mirror that opp field on the contact record.

So have your CRM admin create a custom field on the contact object called Reservation End Date and a workflow or trigger that populates the custom contact field from the custom opp field. Then that custom contact field will come into Marketo and you use it as a standard token as you want.

Keep in mind though that if a contact has more than one opp they could also have multiple reservation dates.