Re: Campaign is Requested trigger

Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaign is Requested trigger

I just came across the trigger "Campaign is Requested". However, the article does not really explain when and for what to use e.g. "Campaign is Requested - Source is Marketo Flow Action".

Can anybody explain it to me giving an example?

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Christine,

Good question. I use the "Campaign is Requested" trigger for a variety of reasons and you will notice you can either use them from Marketo Sales Insight, the API, or a Marketo flow action. For example, for Sales Insight, you can have a Sales person request to add a prospect to a certain nurture program. They would "add to Marketo campaign" from the CRM side. This would then trigger the smart campaign in Marketo and the smart campaign's flow could be to add that prospect to a specific nurture program.

Another example is when you want to run people through a Marketo flow but do not necessarily want to define the smart list. You can also "daisy chain" smart campaigns together to ensure that people have completed the flow actions of a certain flow before entering another smart campaign.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

https://hub.uberflip.com/blog/marketo-hacks

you also need this  to run a batch using a webhook where you do

Campaign 1: batch run that does Request Campaign: Campaign 2

Campaign 2: Campaign is Requested : Webhook

Brittney_Zeller
Level 2

Hi Christine,

The "Campaign is Requested" is for very granular flows in your campaigns.  For example, we used it for one of our web forms because depending on the lead's topic criteria and state, the alert should be sent to a different email. In this case, we couldn't say If 'Topic' is 'Example' and State is 'CA,OR,WA' then email/send to 'name@email.com.'  Therefore, we created another campaign and added "Request Campaign" in the flow if they select that 'particular 'Topic.'  The other campaign sent the alert based on the granular criteria of state. 

Example:

FLOW

Request Campaign

If Topic is 'EXAMPLE'

Request Campaign 'WF 2017 EXAMPLE'

Send Alert

If TOPIC is 'EXAMPLE 2'

Email: WF 2017 EXAMPLE      Send To: None

To Other Emails: name@email.com

If TOPIC is 'EXAMPLE 3'

Email: WF 2017 EXAMPLE      Send To: None

To Other Emails: name2@email.com

REQUESTED CAMPAIGN: WF 2017 EXAMPLE

SMART LIST

Campaign is Requested

Source is Marketo Flow Action

FLOW

Send Alert

If State is CA

Email: WF 2017 EXAMPLE     Send To: None

To Other Email: name3@email.com

If State is OR

To Other Email: name4@email.com

If State is WA

To Other Email: name5@email.com

I hope this helps!

-Brittney