SOLVED

Re: Campaign Queue API Call / Performance Statistics

Go to solution
Jonathan_Marzin
Level 2

Campaign Queue API Call / Performance Statistics

I'm looking for a way to observe and/or track the throughput performance of our campaigns as a possible indicator for managing the rate at which we update lead information. According to the documentation, the API doesn't expose any type of queue or performance queries. Am I right in that this doesn't actually exist?

If so, has anyone else come up with some creative ways of tracking the throughput performance of campaigns? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You should get an idea from the campaign queue. If you want to watch some campaigns, batch will tell you how long it took or you can watch them run it down.

For API calls themselves, there's a 10k/day limit and I am unsure where they fit into the priority queue. This will depend greatly on time of day (traffic) and your existing Campaign Queue and load.

Things to consider

• 5-20 minutes to let SFDC sync and process data, then send it back.
  • triggers may not process all at once and lots of leads can get stuck, esp with Scoring during a big campaign.
  • Stagger wait steps on key data handling workflows
  • use Campaign is Requested to manage when things happen
  • modularize certain components - things like data and attribution data should happen centrally.
  • Throughput will always be higher at night when people aren't triggering things in your instance or slowing down pods

From what I've heard, the Queue prioritizes somewhat like this

• Scheduled Batch Email
  • Batch
  • Trigger
  • Campaign is Requested

I haven't seen anything official though, so I could be a bit off.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You should get an idea from the campaign queue. If you want to watch some campaigns, batch will tell you how long it took or you can watch them run it down.

For API calls themselves, there's a 10k/day limit and I am unsure where they fit into the priority queue. This will depend greatly on time of day (traffic) and your existing Campaign Queue and load.

Things to consider

• 5-20 minutes to let SFDC sync and process data, then send it back.
  • triggers may not process all at once and lots of leads can get stuck, esp with Scoring during a big campaign.
  • Stagger wait steps on key data handling workflows
  • use Campaign is Requested to manage when things happen
  • modularize certain components - things like data and attribution data should happen centrally.
  • Throughput will always be higher at night when people aren't triggering things in your instance or slowing down pods

From what I've heard, the Queue prioritizes somewhat like this

• Scheduled Batch Email
  • Batch
  • Trigger
  • Campaign is Requested

I haven't seen anything official though, so I could be a bit off.

Jonathan_Marzin
Level 2

Thanks for the reply, Josh. I've been monitoring the Campaign Queue but manually tracking it is tiresome. Hopefully Marketo will surface some type of API queue/performance monitoring in the future, but then again, that might give their customers too much insight into how well they're handling load.