Campaign Based Scoring

Murat_Turan
Level 2

Campaign Based Scoring

Hi everyone,

We've been using Marketo for a while.. We could start scoring after we made like ten campaigns and managed to score the actions taken backwards in the system. Now, we need to see the scores on a person / campaign basis. So here is the question, I can see a total score on a person basis, but is it possible to create a report that we can review on a campaign basis in person detail?

Thanks,

Murat Turan

5 REPLIES 5
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Campaign Based Scoring

Hi Murat Turan​,

You have your overall lead score field in Marketo. When you say score at a campaign level can you explain more about what you mean? Do you mean to see the actual score that each campaign contributed to the overall score? This wouldn't really be possible without creating custom scoring fields for each campaign and adding them to all the smart campaign programs attached to the particular campaign you are trying to measure. Speaking from experience, this can get messy and hard to manage very quickly.

Do you have Marketo Sales Insights? It might be a better idea to create Interesting Moments and use tokens to pull in the program details. This will allow you to see the particular scoring elements attached to each campaign in a central location for each person. I'm making an assumption that you also have Salesforce though.

Thanks,

Gerard

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd say the better way is to look at Program Status and Program Attribution if you care about things like this. It is built in, and with proper work and mgmt, can provide insight on the influence of a campaign on Pipe and Revenue.

This project sounds a lot like an executive drilling into something that is not going to help drive revenue.

Murat_Turan
Level 2

Hi Josh Hill​,

Josh Hill wrote:

I'd say the better way is to look at Program Status and Program Attribution if you care about things like this. It is built in, and with proper work and mgmt, can provide insight on the influence of a campaign on Pipe and Revenue.

Since I'm new at using Marketo, can you explain the situation a little bit more in detail?

Josh Hill wrote:

This project sounds a lot like an executive drilling into something that is not going to help drive revenue.

You're absolutely right, they just want to see which campaign or campaigns works better on a person basis.

Best,

Murat

Murat_Turan
Level 2

Hi Gerard Donnelly​,

Gerard Donnelly wrote:

When you say score at a campaign level can you explain more about what you mean? Do you mean to see the actual score that each campaign contributed to the overall score?

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Also, you mentioned that this situation wouldn't be possible without creating custom fields. That came to my mind but as you mentioned after some time, the situation will become uncontrollable . Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Gerard Donnelly wrote:

Do you have Marketo Sales Insights? It might be a better idea to create Interesting Moments and use tokens to pull in the program details. This will allow you to see the particular scoring elements attached to each campaign in a central location for each person. I'm making an assumption that you also have Salesforce though.

Neither we do not have Marketo Sales Insights nor Salesforce, it seems we'r going to suspend this case for the time being. Anyway, thanks a lot for your help on issue.

Best,

Murat

Abhishek_Chand2
Level 5

Hi Murat,

I recommend that instead of creating multiple smart campaigns and all other things to capture scores on the basis of campaigns, create the interesting moments. That way you will be able to find what is important for your sales team, and also you will be able to find which campaign is contributing in interesting moments.

-AC

Abhishek Chandra