Re: Calling MSI Send Marketo Email on Person Accounts

SysAdminD2
Level 1

Calling MSI Send Marketo Email on Person Accounts

Hi, I've read that MSI for Salesforce doesn't officially support person accounts for sending marketo emails or adding to marketo campaigns. 

I've been reading and it seems that there are ways to manipulate the apex command to fit other objects based on THIS THREAD

So far I have this code from a button on the contact:

/apex/mkto_si__Send_Marketo_Email?contactType=Contact&contactIds={!Contact.Id}

Wanted to know if anyone knows of a way to manipulate it so we can use person accounts and have our teams members be able to send Marketo emails directly from the person account details page in Salesforce (we want to use this feature to be able to send Customer Satisfaction Survey's after calls with our person accounts). 

Would be greatly appreciative if anyone has any experience with this. 

3 REPLIES 3
Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Would the person sending out the email also be the account / contact owner in Salesforce?

In that case you can tokenize your Marketo email to use the account / contact owner's email address as the from address. This information is available in Marketo.

If it would be another Salesforce user, you may want to investigate the MSI Outlook plugin as an alternative.

SysAdminD2
Level 1

Hi @Katja_Keesom, thanks responding! 

Contact owners would be the one's sending. The problem that I'm facing though is needing to trigger a Survey to go out after actions are taken in Salesforce. I was hoping to actually build a workflow in Process Builder to trigger MSI to send the email automatically in the background for the team so that they don't forget to do it. 

It sounds like a potential solution may be just using marketo logic to trigger when a field changes in Salesforce. 

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

That sounds like the way to go indeed. If you want to make the email seem more personal sometimes it helps to tone your branding down a bit. The from email and signature would be absolutely personal.

If the salesperson still will be involved in the process make sure that the email is not being sent twice. 😉