SOLVED

Re: Call Webhook to SFDC API

Go to solution
Taishi_Yamada
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Call Webhook to SFDC API

Hi,

Is it possible to access SFDC's REST API(or anything) via Marketo's webhook?

Question 1)

For example, if we would like to get a record of SFDC Account object, how can w do it?

as our scenario, we search a SFDC account record by a URL (e.g. "example.com"), get a response with the account company name, id, etc... via webhook.

Question 2)

According to SFDC document, it looks to be  required OAUTH as authentication. By Marketo's webhook, is it possible to pass the OAUTH 2.0 step? If so, what's the smartest way?

If you have any experience of Marketo Webhook with SFDC API, please help me to get some ideas.

Regards,

-Taishi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Endpoints requiring OAuth are generally a poor fit for webhook clients, and for Marketo's webhook API specifically. Managing access token expiry is a mini-nightmare leading to countless wasted connections and complex interconnected SCs.

Building an intermediate endpoint (itself protected by non-expiring stateless authentication, like basic auth) that manages the next-hop connection to the OAuth endpoint is a better way to go.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ben_Griffith1
Level 3

Easiest way I can think of: roll your own web service in apex and expose publicly through a force.com site.

Taishi_Yamada

Hi Ben,

Thank you. We will consider SFDC API use with the other way instead of just a webhook.

-Taishi

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Endpoints requiring OAuth are generally a poor fit for webhook clients, and for Marketo's webhook API specifically. Managing access token expiry is a mini-nightmare leading to countless wasted connections and complex interconnected SCs.

Building an intermediate endpoint (itself protected by non-expiring stateless authentication, like basic auth) that manages the next-hop connection to the OAuth endpoint is a better way to go.

Taishi_Yamada

Understood. Thanks Sanford,

I don't want to get a nightmare even small one. Let me find out another way instead of just a webhook.

-Taishi