Calculating a stage value against form parameters

Allie_van_Aken
Level 1

Calculating a stage value against form parameters

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how to assign values to form answers to then assign a stage value to the user against the parameters.

Think of this as a personality test, based on your answers you get assigned a "personality type." I basically want to create the same thing. Based on the user's responses, assign a stage value to that user.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Calculating a stage value against form parameters

Are you asking how to compute an additional "personality type" meta-field based on form field values?  Easiest way is using the Forms 2.0 API to evaluate your personality-typing rules and then add a hidden field when the form submits.

You could attempt to do this using Flow steps and Add Choice but I think it would be absolutely maddening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Calculating a stage value against form parameters

Hi Allie,

There are several ways you can implement this business logic for a Marketo powered flow.

Depending on, how complex is the 'calculation' needed for finding the 'personality type' from user inputs,

1> how complex is the 'calculation' needed for finding the 'personality type' from user inputs,

2> Would this calculation requires computations that are not supported by Marketo flow steps. For example, substring, comparing 2 fields with each other etc

3> How often these business rules will be changing

4> What kind of 'coding' skills your team has access to.

5> What kind of usage numbers / testing etc you would need to do.

Based on these, the options can be,

1> Implement in Marketo flow steps especially if point 2 above is not the case. I.e. your processing can be done in Marketo totally.

2> Using Forms 2.0 API as Sanford suggested (masterful suggestions as always). You will need a javascript programmer to create / modify / test this implementation

3> Create a web service which accepts user input values, calculates 'personality type' and returns it. Then you can create it as a 'web hook' in Marketo. And be able to plug in this web hook in any Marketo smart campaign as needed. Today and in future. You will need a PHP / mySQL programmer and a server to implement it. Or you can use a service like BrightHooks.com to create this web hook.

4> Create this calculation in SFDC and send these leads to SFDC and read the 'personality type' back from SFDC. You will need SFDC developer and helpful IT department. I would keep it as the last option.

Hope this helps

Rajesh