Re: CRM Manager

Sadie_Crawford
Level 1

CRM Manager

Hi I need help with Marketo/Salesforce integration and duplicate record management.

In our industry we have doctors that often start in group practices/med-schools and then open their own private practice after they complete their residency. Many times the doctors use our laser and then want to purchase it when they venture out on their own. Also common, is a doctor who uses a personal email address since it can follow them where-ever they practice.

What we are seeing is when a doctor fills out one of our forms online and it passes through Marketo - the system is only checking against email address so our new "lead' is being connected to their old company. We are losing the fact that they put in a different company name.

We'd like the system to check against email address and company name and if it's not a 100% match, create a new lead. It's easier for us to convert duplicates than separate leads from accounts.

Has anyone else come across this and what was your solution? Marketo sent me this link http://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/leads/#create_and_update but I don't understand what they're asking me to do.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

The Rest API is for developers to custom build a solution. If you don't have programming experience you will need to hire a firm to do this for you. I work for a company that specializes in this kind of development within Marketo and would be happy to get on a call to tell you what type of work you'd be looking at. It's more than a day or two to build such a solution.  You can e-mail me chris@salytics.com and we can setup a time to discuss this in more detail.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Support will need to change your dedupe key to Email and Company Name. This is a critical preparatory step before using the API (which may not be necessary in your case) and they shouldn't have sent you directly to the dev docs.  Open another case and specifically request a change in deduping rules.

Sadie_Crawford
Level 1

thank you very much!