CORS request not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

CORS request not working

I'm currently trying to retrieve and send data from Marketo's API. The problem is : my web platform is Salesforce Community. If I understand correctly this web tool, I'm not allowed to use anything else than pure javascript.

I've built a CORS request like this :

function createCORSRequest(method, url) {

var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();

if ("withCredentials" in xhr) {

xhr.open(method, url, true);

} else if (typeof XDomainRequest != "undefined") {

xhr = new XDomainRequest();

xhr.open(method, url);

} else {

xhr = null;

}

return xhr;

}

function makeCorsRequest() {

var url = document.getElementById('url').value;

var xhr = createCORSRequest('GET', url);

if (!xhr) {

alert('CORS not supported');

return;

}

xhr.onload = function() {

var text = xhr.responseText;

alert('Response from CORS request to ' + url + 'is : ' + text);

};

xhr.onerror = function() {

alert('Woops, there was an error making the request.');

};

xhr.send();

}

With the help of http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/cors/, but the server doesn't seem to accept the request since this error comes back :

"No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://testurl…' is therefore not allowed access."

Does anyone know if Marketo's API accepts CORS requests? Or maybe have an idea that would help me solve this? Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: CORS request not working

I responded over on StackOverflow: Call Marketo API using javascript only - Stack Overflow​  There are probably other options depending on what exactly you're trying to accomplish.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: CORS request not working

The REST API should never be used by directly customer-facing applications.  It's intended to be used in server-to-server contexts, preferably using bulk operations.  If you explain in full what you are actually trying to accomplish, as Kenny said, we can give you some pointers.