Re: Bypass form for known user for a microsite

Grace_Ramon
Level 2

Bypass form for known user for a microsite

Good Day,

I have looked through the knowledge base here and have seen how Marketo can send a known user to a custom HTML page. This format does not work for us, according to my web developer because of the way we built a complete microsite with many links, assets, etc that are contained within it.  Does anyone have a solution as to how to bypass the form... we are driving traffic to this website weekly for updates, so having users re-fill out the form to access the page would not be user friendly. I've thought of using the custom HTML page to just have them click to go to the site... does that make sense... Just trying to think this through and get feedback on this campaign that I need to launch next week.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can detect the presence of the Known Lead HTML at form load to determine whether the current web session is associated with a lead.

Then you can automatically redirect them to your known-leads-only site if appropriate. Is this what you're talking about?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Maybe he means that the microsite is on their main website?

If the process is EMail > Click Email > Form on Marketo Page > Microsite on Marketo, then Known User should work.

if it is

EMail > Click Email > Form on Marketo Page > Microsite on Website then I don't see a problem here either. Not sure why your web dev is claiming it doesn't work.

EMail > Click Email > Form on Website  > Microsite on Website  then Sanford has to weigh in. One way might be to direct people who click on the Email to the microsite ungated, but you can't get there otherwise.

Grace_Ramon
Level 2

I provide our technical team with the embed code for Marketo forms, we, unfortunately, do not use Marketo Landing pages at all.  After speaking further with my technical team lead, he may have figured out a solution. Thanks everyone for chiming in!