Bulk Import Status Incorrect? Performance Issues..

DJ_Erraballi
Level 2

Bulk Import Status Incorrect? Performance Issues..

Hi, 

I have been using the bulk import api regularly across multiple instances to import large lists of data. I am currently encountering an issue w/ one of the instances where the bulk import status is not updating correctly. Here is a response form the bulk import staatus api: 

{'batchId': 1037, 
'importId': '1037',
'status': 'Importing',
'numOfLeadsProcessed': 10136,
'numOfRowsFailed': 0,
'numOfRowsWithWarning': 0,
'message': 'Import succeeded, 10136 records imported (10136 members)'}

The message states that the import succeded but the status is still stuck at 'Importing'. Is the status supposed to say 'Complete' here or is the message incorrect?

This # of leads being imported to a list is taking > 30 minutes (its not a lot of leads and there aren't other imports running). Based on this kind of performance,

if i was trying to import a list of 100k contacts it would take over 3 hours. Is this normal and expected, or is it possible that the instance i am using is somehow hobbled? 

2 REPLIES 2
DJ_Erraballi
Level 2

Re: Bulk Import Status Incorrect? Performance Issues..

{'batchId': 1035, 'importId': '1035', 'status': 'Importing', 'numOfLeadsProcessed': 14648, 'numOfRowsFailed': 0, 'numOfRowsWithWarning': 0, 'message': 'Import succeeded, 14648 records imported (14648 members)'}

Have another one on the same instance that has been importing for over an hour? with a succeeded message. 

Yan_Hristov
Level 2

Re: Bulk Import Status Incorrect? Performance Issues..

@DJ_Erraballi  what was the solution to your problem?