SOLVED

Re: Building an Engagement Program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Building an Engagement Program

Hello,

I'm trying to build a single stream engagement program from scratch and I'm a bit of a noob. I was wondering if I could get some guidance on whether or not what I'm doing make sense.

Here is what I have so far.

pastedImage_1.png

For the engagement program I used the Nurture channel tied to Engagement. For the program within, I used an Email channel tied to Default where the status steps are sent, opened, clicked and converted. This is reflected in the smart campaigns within the email program which will track these status changes.

The Add to Nurture campaign will define our target group and add them to this nurture program. The Send Email campaign will be added to the stream(as part of the program) and drive delivery of the related email. It will check if the recipient is a member of the nurture program or not and sent the email accordingly.

It's a pretty simple engagement program consisting of one stream and 5 or so emails. Am I on the right track? Are there any improvements that anyone can suggest?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

you don't need the 00-Send Email campaign as this will be controlled by the engagement program itself -- otherwise, the rest looks like a good start.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JD_Nelson

you don't need the 00-Send Email campaign as this will be controlled by the engagement program itself -- otherwise, the rest looks like a good start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

But wouldn't having the 00-Send Email campaign allow me to have more control over the sends?

JD_Nelson

not really, no. If you were to use that you would be basically creating a manual engagement program that is just sending weekly batches, as opposed to the engagement program structure itself. You'll want to let the streams and cadences control who gets what, and when, in order to save yourself a lot of work. Just drop in your email to the stream and it will be good to go.

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

No, the sends are controlled by the nurture program. I set calendar reminders to review the program the day before the send. Whoever qualifies for entry to the stream will receive the first email.

pastedImage_0.png

Jasmine_Kyles
Level 5

With the change JD suggested, you're off to a great start!

P.S. Don't forget to activate your content when you add to the steam and set the send frequency! Feel free to share your stream when you add the content. Happy to offer support.

Drip, Drip, Nurture - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Activate and Deactivate Stream Content - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Super. Thank you folks!