Build a Trigger of Campaign Status Change

Anonymous
Not applicable

Build a Trigger of Campaign Status Change

I'm looking to see if I can build a trigger, or recurring filter, in Marketo to remove unqualified members from completed campaigns in SFDC.

We have a status we use called "Added" when we initiate campaigns.  Those who engage with the campaign assets (open emails, click links, register, download, etc.) progress in status as they move through the campaign and qualify for other programs.

Once a campaign is completed, we go back and remove the individuals with the "Added" status as they did not participate or engage with any of the campaign.

Right now this is very manual process on a campaign-by-campaign basis.  I'm trying to build something that would allow me, upon changing the overall campaign status value from "in progress" to "completed", to remove from campaign those who still have the "added" status.

I know I can do it by building a filter and stating which campaigns I would like remove members from and then in the flow step "remove from the SFDC Campaign", I was just wondering if I could build it as a trigger based upon that campaign status and automate it. 

If overall campaign status = completed then remove members with status of added from campaign.   It sounds easy, but apparently its not - or I haven't had enough coffee to figure it out!!

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Build a Trigger of Campaign Status Change

If Program Status Changes to Completed (trigger)

Remove from SFDC Campaign X if STatus=Added.

Would this work? I feel like I'm missing something from how you are discussing SFDC Campaigns, Programs, and "campaigns".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Build a Trigger of Campaign Status Change

Yes that is a way to do it, but you still have to designate which SFDC campaign to remove members from - which means updating the filter to include a program/SFDC campaign each time you create one.

I was trying to figure out if i could do a general flow that didn't need program updates:

1) if SFDC Campaign Status (not the campaign member status or a Marketo progression status) program status = "completed"

2) remove members with status of "added"

I'm realizing you can't have it that way.