Breaking the rules from Add to a list, Select an email to send with condition on list membership

erqz
Level 1

Breaking the rules from Add to a list, Select an email to send with condition on list membership

Hello, 

I'm trying to get support to understand what is happening with a rule breaking behavior based on list membership trigger. 

I would like to understand how is it happening and how to prevent it to happend again. 

Here is the process which is pretty simple :

• Add a lead to a list to trigger the campaign
  • Depending which list the lead has been added, a template email is selected
  • Email is sent
  • Lead is removed from the list to prevent error

marketo-1-issue.png

And here is the output from a lead who has been added previously to the DPD list but today we added the lead to the TNT list. 

marketo-2-issue.png

Obviously at the end of the flow i'm cleaning, and I've checked the lead has been removed from the DPD list. 

marketo-3issue.png

If someone can explain me why ? Because i'm a bit desperate and I need to send customer emails to beg pardon each time marketo is breaking its own rules.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Breaking the rules from Add to a list, Select an email to send with condition on list membership

You'll need to move this thread to Products: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Products/ct-p/products

"Customer Care" is not a support space. (If you can't move the thread as-is, create a new one in Products and *delete this one*.)

Then we'll continue and I'll explain why Marketo isn't breaking any rules here.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Breaking the rules from Add to a list, Select an email to send with condition on list membership

OK, a moderator swung by and moved your thread. In future, make sure you post in Products.

Marketo isn't doing any rule-breaking here. The prob is you aren't aware of how Activity Log-related choices work in Flow steps. They look back at the entire previous log (barring entries that have aged out, of course), not at the activity that triggered the flow.

erqz
Level 1

Hello @SanfordWhiteman  and thank you first for the correct topic sub-forum location (as well for the moderator) and second I have to recognize I don't understand your reply. I tried to translate it to see if I could better understand in my language but it isn't.

I've read the documentation and I didn't find anything related to "entire previous log" thing. According to the documentation https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Use+Add+Choice+in+a+Flow+Step the choice is made according the value of a field "Job Title" in the documentation example. So you mean if a record is becoming a CEO after being a manager he will output as Manager any time he is entering the flow. 

Maybe I'm missing something but I'd like to understand what. Should I remove record from the campaign to be sure to reset their list membership which is triggering flow steps ?