Brainstorming: Linking to Marketo Design Studio Files from SlideShark

Lacy_Patrino
Level 2

Brainstorming: Linking to Marketo Design Studio Files from SlideShark

We've developed an iPad-compatible version of our company's main capabilities presentation using SlideShark. Instead of embedding .pdfs of sales collateral on slides within the presentation - which wasn't legible at all - we decided to place all of the supporting material in Design Studio and link to the web address - which works beautifully.

The only piece that I feel is missing from this otherwise fabulous presentation is tracking. This is the first time we've provided links to supporting collateral in this presentation - it would be nice to know if people are actually using it! But I haven't found a way to view link performance that isn't associated to an email.

Has anyone else done something like this? How did you track link usage? Did you use Marketo reporting capabilities or another vendor?

I'd really like to know if the links are providing value for our sales team or just creating more work for my team.

Thanks!

Lacy
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Brainstorming: Linking to Marketo Design Studio Files from SlideShark

Are users reaching the links through email or are those links accessible to everyone?

Regular links on landing pages are tracked and can be scrutinised by reports and/or smart lists, depending on the granularity needed.

Lacy_Patrino
Level 2

These links are accessible to anyone using the presentation. We considered developing a landing page, but that just added an interim step for the presenter, so we opted to link directly to the .pdf itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using a smart list based on filter "Visited Web Page" or the report "Landing Page Performance" would be valid options.

I would suggest reviwing a lead's activity log to find how Marketo is capturing the URL and then use that detail to filter the results.