Re: Bounced email lists

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bounced email lists

Hello. I have two different email bounce lists and they have drastically different information. Is anyone able to help me explain why one has so many more leads than the other? Not to mention, we don't even have 90k records in Saleforce, so I'm not sure where the first number came from.

Bounced email address: smart list contains - email invalid is "true" - 98,792 leads on this list

Hard bounces: smart list contains - email is any, date of activity is 2 years (longer than we've had an account) - 4,324 leads on this list

Thank you!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Was there some type of flow that marked people as email invalid? You might start by checking why so many people in your DB are marked as email invalid. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kate, I know some activity logs are only stored for 90 days. That may be why you're seeing such a discrepancy.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Invalid and Hard Bounced will not necessarily match with the way you've done this.

Anonymous leads shouldn't have Email Invalid IS TRUE, so that's really odd you'd have 98000 records. Is there another filter on there?

While some hard bounces can lead to Email Invalid=TRUE, this isn't always the case. I'd check the Bounced Reason field IS NOT EMPTY or Email Suspended=TRUE as well.

Charlie, those filters are more than 90 days. It's just Data Value Was Changed, Was Changed Owner, Visited Page, and something else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the responses. I'm seeing 127,000 known leads in Marketo. Is it possible that leads are being duplicated instead of merged with existing contacts once they hit Saleforce? So I have contacts in Salesforce that are now leads in Marketo too?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, thanks for the clarification. That makes sense.