Re: Bot or Not? – Are you suffering from ‘bot clicks’?

Denise_Greenbe7
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for this useful information! In the case of the particular client I am working hardest with on this topic, unfortunately we don't have the option of using web page visits on many of the emails we are sending these days because they lead to other sites. But I'll bear this in mind, for sure!

Denise

Mike_Mastropaol
Level 3

Thanks all for the great, detailed discussions on this very aggravating topic. I've been trying to read up on all this for several days. I did not find it questioned/answered anywhere if this false clicks from email security software programs can click the same link multiple times. Does anyone know if that happens? 

I have 3 clicks to the same link from one person. All clicks are within the first minute of the email being delivered. There is no following VWP activity. Only the 3 clicks. All the links in this email were clicked by this person within the first minute of delivery but this was the only linked they clicked 3 times. 

Thanks. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

...if this false clicks from email security software programs can click the same link multiple times. Does anyone know if that happens?

Oh, for sure. And not just multiple times in the short period after receiving the email, but when quarantines are rescanned it could happen at any time.

Mike_Mastropaol
Level 3

Wow. This is a tough one. Thanks for the intel.