SOLVED

Re: Blocked from emails - every single person in my list

Go to solution
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Blocked from emails - every single person in my list

Hi, 

We are onboarding MKTO, transferring data over from RE to begin IP warming, and have created lists of most engaged people to input into MKTO to send to. I have one list of 4,000 people, all unsub=empty in the .csv column. I have written the email, and am sending through a prgoram to send to that list that I have just imported.

Every single one of them are blocked from emails. 

Any idea where the issue might be?

Thanks, 

Lucas

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Lucas,

People will show as blocked from email if any of the following fields are marked as true:

• Marketing Suspended
  • Unsubscribed
  • Email Invalid
  • Blacklisted
  • Email Suspended (in past 24 hrs)

Or if they just have no email address.

You can inspect the blocked people (either by clicking on the hyperlinked "X people blocked" text in the schedule tab, or by creating a smart list) and find out which of these criteria is causing them to be blocked. 

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Lucas,

People will show as blocked from email if any of the following fields are marked as true:

• Marketing Suspended
  • Unsubscribed
  • Email Invalid
  • Blacklisted
  • Email Suspended (in past 24 hrs)

Or if they just have no email address.

You can inspect the blocked people (either by clicking on the hyperlinked "X people blocked" text in the schedule tab, or by creating a smart list) and find out which of these criteria is causing them to be blocked. 

Hope that helps.

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Thanks Grace. Thing is though, that's every single person in the file straight out of RE, so it just didn't seem likely that they all fit into those categories. I deleted the list and reuploaded, and everything worked out. Thanks for the reply. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's likely that the Email Address field was imported incorrectly, perhaps with invalid control characters, whitespace, wrapping, et al. If an address is judged syntactically invalid it will not be emailable.

Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

That makes more sense in this particular case due to the 100% block rate on 4,000 people. Thanks Sanford.