SOLVED

Block Spammer?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Block Spammer?

I'm getting spam form fill-ins from the same person multiple times a day - gmail address with at least 20 links in the comments field. I'm surprised this isn't filtered out already, but any ideas on how to block this particular person or to add rules to block this type of spam?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Block Spammer?

No real way to block it in Marketo, but if you know the email address, you can have Marketo delete the lead as soon as it's created.   Smart List:  List is created, email address =  ;  flow:  delete lead.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No real way to block it in Marketo, but if you know the email address, you can have Marketo delete the lead as soon as it's created.   Smart List:  List is created, email address =  ;  flow:  delete lead.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly - great idea. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly - I see that I can schedule this to run (e.g. at the same time each day). How do I set it to delete immediately?

Thanks,

Tom
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tom - just expanding on Kelly's idea - I think what he is suggesting is to use a Trigger in a smart campaign. Set the smart list trigger to listen for whenever a lead is created with that particular email address, and set the flow to delete the lead. Then activate. It will happen automatically from then on.

Only problem you can run into is the lead may hit other triggers in your system before it hits this particular one...

Cheers

Veronica
Anonymous
Not applicable

A captcha feature has been on the idea list for awhile.  You might want to vote this up:
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000HQeBAAW
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I'd love to see a captcha feature, just because I've experienced a lot of spam from PPC campaigns.

That said, I've previously set up my own, and it works if the spammer is a bot.

I created a field called CAPTCHA whose label is something like "6+3=".  Then in the flow actions, I only sync the lead to SFDC if that field is equal to 9.  Otherwise, the lead just hangs there or, as mentioned above, can be automatically deleted.  I never deleted them automatically just in case, but NONE of the leads who completed that field incorrectly were real.

Hope this helps.