Re: Block Leads in Salesforce From Coming to Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Block Leads in Salesforce From Coming to Marketo

I have a few thousand leads in Marketo with no email address. Since the sync between Marketo and Salesforce doesnt check to see if an email exists, Salesforce keeps pushing these over. I need to setup some type of rule that says if email field is blank or does not contain @, then dont send to Marketo during sync. Anyone doing this? I would really appreciate some help on how to go about setting this up.

No sense paying for contacts that have no email 🙂

Thanks
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a campaign that does just what you said "If lead is created and email address does not contain '@' then delete lead (but not in CRM)" there is also a way to block the Marketo Sync profile from being able to see these indivduals at all and therefore won't sync them. There is a good article in the community here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoResource?id=kA650000000GsPYCA0
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super helpful! Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Christina,

I have also configured this on the Salesforce end using sharing rules. Essentially create a custom Marketo group and only allow visibility to leads and contacts with an email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise that you should work your way through this data and add the emails at some point.

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

how would you suggest i block a group of contacts from synching over. i want to delete them from Marketo but want to keep them in SFDC. my thought was add them all to a campaign and then do a smart campaign that says if member of SFDC campaign don't sync to marketo

will this work?