Re: Block Leads from a Partition

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Block Leads from a Partition

Our CRM is a bit of a mess and we currently do not have Salesforce.  Our leads are partitioned by geography, however we are having an issue with about 20 people.  They should ultimately belong in the Europe partition but since they're listed in Europe and North America in our CRM, they keep bouncing back and forth between the North America and Europe partitions when we refresh our database lists.  Is there some kind of triggered campaign I can setup that will block them from being allowed to move to the North America partition when a list is uploaded that they happen to be on?

7 REPLIES 7
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jennifer,

Are you running a smart campaign that brings back the lead in the other partition or is the partition change triggered automatically by the import (which is weird)? Or are your assignment rules playing a trick on you?

The first thing to do is to look into these leads activity log and understand what is triggering the partition change.

Please paste here a screen shot of the activity log showing the partition change activity

-Greg

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Hey Gregoire -

I can tell you exactly what's happening:  we have triggered campaigns that are setup to move leads to the correct partition.  For North America, we add a field called "NA-Business Unit" to our customer's profiles and mark them as TRUE.  For Europe, they add in a similar field (EU-Business Unit) and mark their customers as TRUE.  The triggered campaigns listen for this value to change to TRUE, which then moves the customers into North America or Europe.  The issue is that they are on both lists so they keep bouncing back and forth between partitions.  I was hoping there is a way to create a triggered campaign that would block them from getting back into North America permanently.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jennifer,

OK, this clear.  So this means that these leads have both fields checked.

Have you tried excluding them from you smart campaign with a filter below the trigger ?

In the US smart campaign, filter out leads which EU-Business Unit = true

In the EU smart campaign, filter out lead which NA-Business Unit = true

-Greg

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

These triggered campaigns are in the Default workspace which say if a lead is created that has TRUE for NA-Business Unit, they should move to the North America partition.  Are you saying i should add EU-Business Unit=FALSE to that triggered campaign?  Where it will only move the leads if they do not have TRUE listed for EU?

Jennifer_Bisho1
Level 4

Actually...can I just add a filter that says "Email Address IS NOT (insert list of emails)" into that campaign?  Where if NA-Business Unit is TRUE AND the person's email address IS NOT any of those listed, they can be moved to North America?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jennifer,

That's not such a good idea, because you will fix them right now, but you will not protect the future: tomorrow, some new fields might be in the same situation and you will not immediately know.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, this is exactly it:

• in the NA campaign, add a FILTER : EU-Business Unit=FALSE
  • in the EU campaign add a filter: NA-Business Unit=FALSE

Then create a smart list with the ones that have both fields to TRUE and decide with field you keep checked and which one you don't and make sure they are in the partition to which they should belong. You can even subscribe to this smart list so that if some leads show up there in the future, you get an alert.

-Greg