Re: Blind Submit Forms in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Blind Submit Forms in Marketo

Hi All,

I am new on the Marketo platform and was looking to build Blind Submit Forms in Marketo.

I am very well experienced with Eloqua where we had implemented Blind Submit Forms and found it very useful and effective for capturing customer responses for events as well as any marketing activity which needs to trigger a Salesforce action/alert to the sales teams.

In a nut shell, I would like to send a contact (known and present in the database) an email with 2 buttons, 'Yes' & 'No'. Both buttons trigger the auto filling of a form in the back end of Marketo, and, based on the button clicked, trigger a unique set of actions. The 'Yes' button once clicked, will trigger a Thank you page, an email sending the contact further details of the event and a notification to the sales person of the territory (based on the contact's location).

The 'Yes' button once clicked, will trigger a Thank you page, an email sending the contact further details of the event and a notification to the sales person of the territory (based on the contact's location). The 'No' button will trigger a 'We will miss you' page and the contact to a list which will be used in a segment post the event to send out highlights of the event.

(An alternative version of this is, the 'Yes' button triggers a creation of a lead for the campaign in Sales force while the 'No' button triggers a survey form opening)

I am sure Marketo can do this I am not sure how to set it up and the best way to begin.

Regards,

Cliff Pereira

23 REPLIES 23
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Welcome! Please move the thread to Products​ as that's the appropriate Community place. ("Central" is for non-Marketo-specific discussions, while this is very much a Forms API question.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks the correction Sanford!

I have moved the question over to Products

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Hi Cliff, you can do this by setting a trigger campaign that will react to an email yes click. You specify Clicks link in email,  the email and the link in your trigger. In your flow steps you set up a step for sending an email with additional details and anorher step for sending an alert to sales.

For the no responses, you set up another trigger campaign this time reacting to the no click and in your flow steps you specify adding the person to a list

No hidden forms necessary IMO.

I hope it helps

Pavel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pavel!

Just a question, in Eloqua, we used a form submission as the marketing

activities that would trigger the creation of a lead in a campaign in

Salesforce.

In Marketo too, The form submission would trigger the lead creation in

Salesforce hence the thought behind having the hidden form.

Is there away that the button click too can be used to create a lead?

(specific to that email. I would not want every customer who clicks on an

email to be considered as a lead for the sales to follow up.)

Regards,

Cliff Pereira

Head – Marketing Automation

Meritgroup

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 6:08 PM, Pavel Plachky <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

Yes, in your flow steps you can add Sync Lead to SFDC flow step, which will make sure the lead is in Salesforce if it was not there already.

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

One more note: make sure you have a special link for forwarding the email using Marketo's forward to friend token. I am not sure if your leads are likely to forward the offer, but if they do using the email client forward button as opposed to Marketo's forward link, then the recipient would register using the forwarder's identity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Pavel!

This was super helpful!

One last question on forms:

How do I prepopulate a form that is not on my company web page? (assume the

customer receives an email with a link to that page with the form embedded,

not a iframe)

I know how to it for a Marketo landing page, just can't seem to figure out

how to do it for a non-Marketo page.

Regards,

Cliff Pereira

Head – Marketing Automation

Meritgroup

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Pavel Plachky <marketingnation@marketo.com>

Pavel_Plachky
Level 5

You can't prefill forms on non-Marketo landing pages unless you use iframes or jump through some rather complicated JavaScript hoops. Definitely not out of the box. I suggest you contact Sanford Whiteman​ in case you want to explore the required customizations.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just note the following with FtF:

• Most people, even though the functionality exists, will still use the most effortless path to forward their emails to colleagues/friends (and that's to simply use the "forward" function of an email client).  Most don't even think about the fact that their unique tracking links are contained in the email.
  • When FtF is used, the person on the receiving end automatically is "unsubscribed" in Marketo.