SOLVED

Best way to score lead on activities taken prior to becoming known lead

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to score lead on activities taken prior to becoming known lead

I have a question that I personally feel is easy in theory, but tricky to execute comprehensively. I want to be able to give lead credits for activities they've taken prior to becoming a known lead. Here's a scenario:

Let's say a person gets +5 score every time they visit a product page, with a run through program 10 times a day limit)

January 15: someone searches for a product in google and lands on a product page on our website. They seem take a look at about 5 more pages on our website before exiting. January 20: the same person returns to our website, this time, they fills out a form on our website, resulting them to become a known lead. From this point on, scoring is easy! BUT I do want to also give score for the engagement they've taken prior to filling out the form and becoming a known lead.

What's the best way to do this? I know it should be a combination of using a trigger to indicate a new name is added and a filter that looks at "viewed page in the past". But how do I account for both giving score for multiple page views as well as the daily limits, if I'm using a filter to account for past actions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Best way to score lead on activities taken prior to becoming known lead

What you want to do is set up a Smart Campaign, log some anonymous activities that would increment the score per Trigger/Flow in that SC, and then promote the lead (fill out a form) and see if the SC increments their score at that point.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Please move to Products​ to continue (Move link at the right).

You may be either underthinking or overthinking this.

If your instance has been upgraded to Munchkin 2.0, then you can set triggers (not filters) directly on Visit Web Page activities that may occur prior to a session becoming associated (I try not to use the expression "known lead" because it is misleading at the technical level, which only deals in terms of independent Munchkin sessions). 

With Munchkin 2.0, when a formerly anonymous session becomes associated, certain triggers (including VWP) and flow steps (including Change Score) are replayed even if the event was far in the past. No special batch catchup is necessary.

For more information, dive into these Community search results: https://nation.marketo.com/search.jspa?q=Anonymous+lead+trigger+campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Based on the first article in the search result: Anonymous Leads Triggering Campaigns we would be able to see the anonymous records in the search results?

I have that a test and set up a campaign to change a field triggered by website view. The only members in the campaign results are leads with an associated email. 

SanfordWhiteman

What you want to do is set up a Smart Campaign, log some anonymous activities that would increment the score per Trigger/Flow in that SC, and then promote the lead (fill out a form) and see if the SC increments their score at that point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right Sanford I tested this and the triggers work for unknown leads. This feature is already perfectly built into Marketo triggers and work perfectly as expected. Thank you so much!