Re: Best way to remove unwanted leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to remove unwanted leads

When we first imported our leads into Marketo, we mistakenly brought over everything in our Salesforce database which contains almost 20,000 leads. Since I only engage with about 5000 of those, I'd like to remove them from the Marketo database. Anyone know of a simple way to only delete leads that have never engaged with us and keep everyone that has an activity with us? The other reason we need to remove these leads is we are way over the 10,000 lead count for our subscription.

Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Clark,

Create a smart list with the following filters:

• Not filled out form (is not Unsubscribe). No time constraint
  • Not clicked link in email (Is any). No time constraint
  • Not visited web page (is any). No time constraint
  • Not score was changed. No time constraint

Export all the leads in the smart list, with all columns.

Then select them all leads in the smart lead and click "delete lead". When the wizard prompts to delete from Salesforce, select False (very important).

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg, I'm also planning on deleting a large number of leads. Can you explain why we don't want to delete from SFDC?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Christina,

In the case of Clark's need, this is because is is talking about leads from SFDC that were mistakenly pushed to SFDC.

But this is not always applicable. It really depends on the status ad the flow of these leads. If we are really talking about leads that were created in Marketo and then pushed to SFDC, it would make sense, on the contrary, to delete them from SFDC.

-Greg