Best way to manage content?

Gary_Verster2
Level 2

Best way to manage content?

As a reasonably large organisation, we generate a LOT of content. Obviously, we leverage this content in Marketo, but the same (or very similar) content is also used on our websites (managed by AEM), in our social channels, in our blogs, PR, etc, etc. So, what is the best way to manage all this rich content? Surely, it makes sense to use a single DAM, like the one that is available in AEM, instead of duplicating the content into whichever platform we use it in? It doesn't make sense to export the content from the AEM DAM and then upload it into Marketo, where the content-level tagging and tracking is lost...

I'd like to think we're getting to that level of digital maturity where we, as the marketing function, can start providing feedback to the content generators regarding not only the performance of the campaigns that their content was used in, but which content is actually working better. And to do this, it sorta makes sense to me that we should be leveraging exactly the same tagged content, so that we can aggregate it's performance across all engagements. Surely, there is a better way than manually tracking across multiple platforms?

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Best way to manage content?

I feel your pain, Gary. It seems like what would help at the most primitive level (correct me if I'm wrong) is the ability to browse for AEM assets directly from the Marketo LP, Email, and Form builders, no?

Gary_Verster2
Level 2

Yup, exactly, Mr Whiteman! A no-brainer as far as I'm concerned... any 'ideas' or plans to build this sort of thing? Or do you know of a Launchpoint service that does this sort of wizardry already?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yep, some ideas... after the Marketo UI overhaul rolls out, I'll see if I can adapt some of our existing customization to the Editor.