Best way to find empty fields?

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Best way to find empty fields?

What is the best way to find fields with no data in them, both Marketo only and SFDC fields. I want to try to decommission some fields that are not used and would prefer a full delete rather than hiding.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to find empty fields?

Frank, we utilized Field Trip app exchange tool in SFDC to analyze the fields and cleanup. Probably that will be helpful.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Frank,

Don't forget to first bring in each field in the field management area of admin to double check it is not being actively used in any smart lists, reports, smart campaigns, etc.

Carl_Delafonta2
Level 3

Hello! I'm also looking for a quick way to identify all empty fields in Marketo, in order do some clean up. My CRM is Microsoft Dynamics. Anyone knows of a add-on that would allow me to do so ?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, FlowBoost's FBCounter, if you want to bend its usual use somewhat... pass an object with all possible {{lead.tokens}} in and upsert a counter record whenever you find a value that's non-empty.  Then when the run is finished you'll see every field that has values (so the inverse would be the fields that don't have values).

Carl_Delafonta2
Level 3

Hi Sandford,

That would definitely work! Can I do this for all my fields with just one webhook ? However, if I have to create a webhook for each field, it's a bit of a long process. If it's not too complicated, I'll surely give it a try.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can use just one hook -- if you have a number of textarea fields that are non-empty for a given lead, the payload will be large, but shouldn't get out of hand.

Carl_Delafonta2
Level 3

Ok, thanks a lot! I would like to try it. Can you help me out with the script for this webhook ?