SOLVED

Best practise to reset lead score ?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practise to reset lead score ?

We've made many changes in our lead scoring model lately and I suspect the results are a bit messed up; so I'd like to do a reset.

What would be the best way of doing it properly knowing that :

- Our process is we have a Behavioral score and a demographic score field and the lead score field = behavioral + demographic score
- Some of our leads got some interesting behavioral scores (including interesting moments) I would like to keep on their record.

Is anybody familiar with that ?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best practise to reset lead score ?

Firstly, I'd recommend backing up your scores by exporting your lead data to a CSV (or multiple if the db is quite large). Then you'll have something you can revert to.

If you want to reset all scores to zero, this is straightforward: Simply make a batch Smart Campaign which sets all score fields to zero or NULL.

If you want to maintain some of the existing scoring, you can make the aforementioned Smart Campaign smarter by resetting to specific score values based on what score they are at.

e.g. If Lead Score > 200: Change Score to 20
If Lead Score is between 100 and 199: Change Score to 10

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly, I'd recommend backing up your scores by exporting your lead data to a CSV (or multiple if the db is quite large). Then you'll have something you can revert to.

If you want to reset all scores to zero, this is straightforward: Simply make a batch Smart Campaign which sets all score fields to zero or NULL.

If you want to maintain some of the existing scoring, you can make the aforementioned Smart Campaign smarter by resetting to specific score values based on what score they are at.

e.g. If Lead Score > 200: Change Score to 20
If Lead Score is between 100 and 199: Change Score to 10

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Adam ! Finally I did a reset to zero for Lead Score and Demographic Score, then I recreated demographic score smart campaigns, set them up so that Lead score AND Demographic score are updated simultaneously. Then I took all my Leads with behavior score one by one (fortunately I have had around 50 so far) and made the adjustment to the Lead score for each lead.

Don't know if it's the most efficient practice, but at least, I'm sure to get a brand new / correct scoring !