Best practices on syncing to SFDC Fields with Field Dependencies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practices on syncing to SFDC Fields with Field Dependencies

Hi Marketo Friends,

I've had some trouble in the past with updating Salesforce fields that has a tied Field Dependency. What's the best way to make this field update from Marketo?

Is there a special order of the field updates in order for this to work properly?

Thanks!

Greg

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Best practices on syncing to SFDC Fields with Field Dependencies

Can you be more specific?

Is the data not showing up right? You may need to switch from lookup field to pushing the actual value to the field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best practices on syncing to SFDC Fields with Field Dependencies

Thanks Josh Hill

In our previous Marketo instance, we would sometimes get a sync error when syncing leads to Salesforce with regards to lead status and any associated field dependency. For instance, if Lead Status = Closed, the dependent field Closed Reason = Bad Information. Even if both were filled out in the Marketo record, we would sometimes get a sync error related to this. Both fields were picklists in SFDC.

I have tried filling in the Marketo values in different orders - lead status first, then dependent field value, or vice versa - both with inconsistent results. (I have a theory it had more to do with an overworked Campaign Queue syncing data at different times).

In our newest instance, our Lead Source has dependent values of Sub Source. I wanted to know if there is a best practice on (or order) in filling in these field values in Marketo before syncing to SFDC.

Thanks! I hope this made sense.

Greg