Re: Best practice to add email program to nurture/engagement program

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practice to add email program to nurture/engagement program

As I cannot add an email program to a nurture/engagement program - what would be best practice to have the correct program status available? Should I add a channel like email to the default program type with the appropriate status?

Thanks for your feedback!

Regards Katrin

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Katin, do you have Member of Engagement Program filter in your Smart List of your Smart Campaign: Add a Program to an Engagement Program Stream - Marketo Docs - Product Docs? When you say email program, do you mean Default Program, as Email Send Programs can not be added to Engagements.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

yes, I have this filter included in my smart campaign. I know that email send programs cannot be added to engagements - that is why I asked for a best practice way to add something similar to the engagement program - maybe I have to create something similar like email send as default program?

Regards Katrin

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Just use normal programs within the engagement program - assuming you've defined your channels/program statuses properly.  This also provides greater flexibility and better reporting (since you can define success within each program, rather than at the EP level.

pastedImage_0.png

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

I like to use this structure:

Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 14.13.04.png

I have all my Nurture content live outside of the Engagement Program (that way it can be used both on the Website/Email), it also means you also don't recreate the same content for Nurture and possibly have people consume the same content twice.

Josh Hill made a great presentation at the summit, his presentation is worth watching: The Marketing Nation Summit, May 9-12, 2016 – Marketo - Sessions.

Josh_Hill13

Thanks Frank.

If you use Child Programs like this, remember that you must allow ALL leads to run through the smart list otherwise they will end up in Engagement Purgatory, never to proceed to the next Cast again. (this is documented and actual behavior!).

Dan_Stevens_

...and here's the thread where this is documented (thanks to Josh for noticing this - otherwise many of our leads would be "stuck" today!).

If a lead doesn't qualify for an Engagement Program cast, does it proceed to the next email?