Best practice for int'l website forms

Morgan_Corbett
Level 3

Best practice for int'l website forms

We're launching multiple websites for different countries in EMEA and APAC. If anyone has any advice with regards to effectively scaling the backend processes (i.e. creating forms in different languages, adjusting lead lifecycle program, building new lead scoring campaigns, etc.).

Right now, I'm creating a global contact us form in each language. Does this make the most sense or is there a better way?

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks,

Morgan

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best practice for int'l website forms

I've used localized sites and separate forms for each. As far as the backend part, I was able to keep to one program (typically) to manage the web request form fills often using conditions/choices to ensure lead assignment and alerts went to the correct people. For my company, the go to market strategy was very similar for these regions and therefore the scoring was about the same, however something to think about. Leads were automatically segmented into their regional groups for marketing via master smart lists so each regional marketing manager could easily push those people into the appropriate next step.

Lauren_Beth
Level 6

Hi Morgan - we have forms for each language and have found this to be the easiest way.  Lead lifecycle, scoring, etc., regardless of language, is all done out of the same program.  Unless of course you want to score these regions/languages differently. 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Depending on the form and needs you have, a good way is:

• One program per Asset/Page
  • X forms in different languages
  • 1 country and 1 language segmentation
  • on the page, use dynamic content to have the form and copy change based on the Country Segmentation (you create this)
  • it's possible that if Marketo doesn't know the person's location, it will display the Default (prob English?) until the lead fills out the form or states a language or location preference.