Re: Best platform for prerecorded webinars with Marketo

Cliff_Johnson
Level 1

Best platform for prerecorded webinars with Marketo

Looking for some opinions on the best platform for prerecorded webinars that has a good integration with Marketo. We have been using GTW for live weekly webinars and it works great with Marketo, but my organization wants to move to prerecorded webinars. GTW has a service called "simulated live", but these do not sync with Marketo ( ).

24 REPLIES 24
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If these are already pre-recorded (on-demand), essentially you're offering up a gated video.  So specific integration with a webinar vendor isn't really necessary, correct?  You can just build everything in Marketo (gated video form, landing page with embedded video, etc.).  Or are these not on-demand and essentially act as regular webinars (users must register, there's still a specific date/time, etc.) where it appears as a live webinar to the attendees?

Cliff_Johnson
Level 1

Hi Dan - it would be the latter. To the attendee, it would appear as it is a live webinar (they have to register and attend at a specific date and time. GTW offers this ability through "Simulated Live", however, it doesn't integrate with launchpoint.

ChristinaZuniga

I love ON24, they have a simulive webinar so that any webinar you record on their platform live can be turned into a simulated live webinar at any time rather than promoting an existing webinar On Demand. It's saved us a ton of time and effort, especially in marketing these existing webinars to new leads while letting them act as if the event itself was live. I also prefer the integration, because while the Marketo one is the same, the Salesforce side is not. ON24 has a double integration - Marketo for attendance and Salesforce for polls, questions, etc. So I can pull in survey questions and answers into Salesforce Campaigns (AWESOME!).

The downside is that I haven't found the ability to upload a webinar from another platform onto ON24 and then run a Simulive - I believe you have to record the webinar on their platform and then run Simulive off of it. That means that I had to create a stable of existing webinars before I could start doing Simulive, but it's been a pretty good system for me in general!

Dan_Stevens_

This is really helpful Christina.  We too are On24 customers - and I was going to look into this.  In fact, we're now going to look into this for our future webinars as it seems like a much less risky to put on a "live" webinar!

Michael_White
Level 5

It's a bit of a workaround, but if you can download the recording as a video file from the other platform, you can upload it to ON24 and essentially use it as a simu-live webinar -- but you're actually setting it up as a "live" session in ON24.  I think the only catch with this scenario is that a person does need to log in on the ON24 back-end and press "play" on the video to actually make it start.  I did this a lot in a previous role -- it's generally not a big deal, especially if you're having someone on live to monitor questions from the attendees.

Amy_Goldfine

What's the end-user experience like for this? We've talked about doing this for our weekly demo. Did you ever have people live (on mic) at the end answering questions or just via chat?

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Michael_White
Level 5

Yeah, totally!  We did it for our weekly demo, and regularly had one of our Solutions Architects on to do live on-mic Q&A after the main presentation finished. 

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

We always start the recording by saying

"We kept todays webinar to 30 minutes to allow the most amount of people the ability to fit it into their busy day. Because of this, we will not be answering any questions live, if you do have a question please ask it in the questions area and myself or one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible."

This means we don't have to have a SME waiting or present at every webinar. If a question gets asked they get the email and can respond by phone or email depending on what is best.

SydneyMulligan

I have found this helpful in industries with strict compliance regulations too. I used to use On24 with Financial Services companies and we would often pre-record the entire webinar, send it to compliance to approve, then run it Simulive.