Re: Best Practices for Ongoing Programs (i.e. Google PPC, Nurtures)

Greg_Lang1
Level 2

Best Practices for Ongoing Programs (i.e. Google PPC, Nurtures)

What is everyone doing each year with their ongoing campaigns such as Adwords and Engagement Programs? We have multiple paid search programs that were launched last year i.e PPC 2019-02-09 [PPC Campaign Name]. What is best practice for when a new year starts? Do you keep the original program or do you create a new one for each year?

2 REPLIES 2
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

For ongoing programs I try to just keep the single program in Marketo. Especially nurtures, as they take a lot of effort to stand up. If you want to group PPC leads by quarter, for example, you could have a separate list for each quarter in your program and/or a separate SFDC campaign, and just swap those out when each quarter rolls over.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi Greg - It really depends on the type of program and how you are reporting on those programs. For nurtures, I would continue using the original engagement program from start to finish. For AW or other online advertising programs where you are acquiring new members, I like to create new programs every quarter as long as you have the volume to justify it. I also like to utilize the Salesforce campaign sync to ensure members and program statuses remain in sync. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Cory Gabor

Marketing Consultant

LeadMD