SOLVED

Best Practices - Triggered Emails for Product Usage

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Practices - Triggered Emails for Product Usage

I am working on developing triggered emails based on usage data that comes from our core product. I'm wondering if others in the community are doing this, and if you are, do you have any ideas/lessons learned/best practices?

In terms of rollout, I am curious if the best method is to create individual field syncs from our database for all important product actions (i.e. # of times action x is taken, # of times action y is taken, etc.). Or if there is a way to trigger a Marketo email that doesn't require asking engineering/business ops to create data syncing between our database and fields in Salesforce/Marketo.

Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Practices - Triggered Emails for Product Usage

If you are using munchkin code on your website you can do this by creating triggers that fire if someone visits a specific page x number of times etc...  You can even use wildcards in the trigger criteria to make this process manageable. 

Other than that, you will need to sync this data over from your database somehow.  Doing it through Salesforce is a great way to do this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using munchkin code on your website you can do this by creating triggers that fire if someone visits a specific page x number of times etc...  You can even use wildcards in the trigger criteria to make this process manageable. 

Other than that, you will need to sync this data over from your database somehow.  Doing it through Salesforce is a great way to do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jackie

You're probably going to need some sort of dev help to bring the data into Marketo. If you're wanting to use information from your core product rather than from your website, it's probably best to define the important product actions, create fields than can be populated and bring in development initially to get the data in these fields populated in an ongoing basis. From there, you can set up the triggers based on the fields.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You really have to map this out and use the fewest number of fields. You may actually want a dev (as suggested) to use the Custom Object Sync.

You may also need to use Email Velocity scripts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses. Dang, I've been doing the processes you describe at my current company and the last few as well. I was just hoping there was another way that didn't require engineering!