SOLVED

Best Practice for Personalizing an Engagement Program

Go to solution
Dylan_Yip-Chuck
Level 2

Best Practice for Personalizing an Engagement Program

We're building an ARC nurture program via Engagement Program in Marketo, primarily taking into account the prospect's funnel stage (Awareness Stream = TOFU, Research = MOFY, Consideration = BOFU). Ideally, we'd like to add more personalization - differentiating content depending on the prospect's industry, job title, and/or company size. 

I am trying to determine the best path forward to achieve this. Is the best option to simply add more streams? Each stream tailored towards a very specific persona? Or, is it a better practice to keep the number of streams low, but then use segmentation/dynamic emails to tailor content by these additional factors? Or is there a different option that I am missing altogether?

I am trying to determine the path of least resistance and the path that will yield the best reporting. 

Thanks in advance! 

Dylan Yip-Chuck
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Best Practice for Personalizing an Engagement Program

I would recommend dynamic content, specifically Snippets. That way you can swap out content without editing all the different places that reference it. I've found that reporting on this becomes a bit of a downer, so you may want to setup some tagging when the email is sent in order to set a way to track who saw what email at that time. The new Program Member Custom Fields could be a solution to tag (although reporting is not quite released), or just add them to a static list for each variation they would have received.

View solution in original post

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi @Dylan_Yip-Chuck,

I would take the approach of having three different streams; TOFU, MOFU, BOFU. You can then create your segmentation for your personas and utilize dynamic content in each of the emails. You can also create specific reports for the different segments if that's something you're looking to do. Here's the Marketo doc on how to do that. That should be a pretty straightforward approach and get you what you need. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Cory Gabor

Marketing Consultant

LeadMD

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I would recommend dynamic content, specifically Snippets. That way you can swap out content without editing all the different places that reference it. I've found that reporting on this becomes a bit of a downer, so you may want to setup some tagging when the email is sent in order to set a way to track who saw what email at that time. The new Program Member Custom Fields could be a solution to tag (although reporting is not quite released), or just add them to a static list for each variation they would have received.

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi @Dylan_Yip-Chuck,

I would take the approach of having three different streams; TOFU, MOFU, BOFU. You can then create your segmentation for your personas and utilize dynamic content in each of the emails. You can also create specific reports for the different segments if that's something you're looking to do. Here's the Marketo doc on how to do that. That should be a pretty straightforward approach and get you what you need. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks,

Cory Gabor

Marketing Consultant

LeadMD