Benefits of Marketo-Tableau Integration?

Anand_Raj_S1
Level 3

Benefits of Marketo-Tableau Integration?

Hello Team,

Could you please help to list down the advantages/benefits of Marketo-Tableau Integration?

1. Why we need tableau when we have various reporting options in Marketo?

2. How tableau reports differ from Marketo reports? What kind of reports can be pulled, which cannot be done with Marketo?

3. Additional benefits

If you have an article/piece of writing about the benefits, please share here.

Thanks

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Benefits of Marketo-Tableau Integration?

Have you searched past posts on the Community?

It's generally agreed by power users that while Tableau is an amazing visualization tool (and still top-notch in the field) the direct Marketo connector (i.e. the formal "integration") is not usable.

Rather, you should expect to use the Marketo Bulk Extract API to export your Leads and Activities to flat CSV files, import them into a local SQL database, and point Tableau to that db.

Some individual experiences may be more positive but among the most expert users posting here, it's a no-go, despite the general approval of Tableau as a platform.

Anand_Raj_S1
Level 3

Hello Sanford.

Thanks. Can you please share some useful posts regarding my question? I couldn't find relevant ones.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Anand_Raj_S1
Level 3

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there! The pre-release program for the new version of the Marketo Connector for Tableau has started! Please, check the following Marketo connector upgrade for Tableau is available for testing!!! for more information!

Yu_Wang2
Level 2

Hi Greg, I found that the link you provided is not able to visit, looks like out of permission. Is it possible to open it?

Thanks!

chipatbayer
Level 1

I second this, I can't open it either

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

The link is from 4 years ago.

@SanfordWhiteman 's point was the key one... extract data via bulk API, get it into a proper DB, and use tableau (or any other good reporting tool) to report.

Abaran
Level 5

Hello Greg

How are you?

Is the link still live? I am getting an error when trying to access it,saying I do not have enough privileges. 😞

Thanks

Axel