Re: Be the first to participate in a Community Poll!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be the first to participate in a Community Poll!

Hey Marketo Community members! We are very excited to be running our FIRST poll in Community and we’d love your participation! Please take a second to vote, so we can better understand how you deliver your gated assets to your leads.
Thanks in advance!

Raj
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a great topic. We were just discussing and debating this last week. In my eyes the ideal solution is they way I used to do it before I started using Marketo landing pages, on the TY page, a server side script would push the asset download to the user (a Save/Cancel dialougue box appeared over the page), while also making it available as a link. That's the best of both worlds. The underlying TY page had a 30 second delay on it, then would refresh to a related page on the web site.

For a lot of content, there is an automatic follow up email also containing a link to the asset...just in case.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! great topic, my team also just debated this. We decided to show the asset in a new window immediatly upon form submit and then send an automated email a few days later (from an actual person) providing them a copy of it in case they did not get a chance to read it. We encourage them then to forward to a friend as well. 

I look forward to seeing the results of this poll!

Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Great topic! We do a combination of these usually. On our form page we may say it will be emailed to you which we do but it's also offered on the TY page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

C'mon, you just really want the additional social logins...   8-)

Would have been nice to have a choice that was combination - for us it varies by asset and engagement pattern they are on. Some have instant gratification, others rely on the link from an email as a proof of life.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Clint, we have a combination as well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clinton,
This poll is run by Product Management and we are more interested in knowing how the product gets used.  AFAIK, our marketing ops team does not segment by the social profile info, and if they decide to do that, there are other ways of getting the social profile ids (like FullContact).  

You can vote on multiple choices to indicate your usage - we do not limit you to just 1 vote.

Raj
Anonymous
Not applicable

None of those choices.  the download pops up after filling out the form and then they go to the TY page.
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

We've done all 3, but we do more of the first one. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do not use any of the above.
  • When a user selects the Register to View link, our form appears on the page
    • Note, the user is not taken to different URL. The form appears as a window on top of the original page.
  • After the form is completed, the user will now see the link under the asset as View Resource Now
    • The link launches the asset (pdf, video, other URL, etc...)
  • We only require a single form fillout.  The user is now free to download our assets without repeating the form fill out
  • People who fill out our form for the first time is then sent a Thank you for your interest email with a link to the manage your subscription page to sign up for our Newsletter, promos and updates.