SOLVED

Avoid sending emails to Unsubscribe

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Avoid sending emails to Unsubscribe

Hi, 

We use MarketO to send marketing emails to our Leads. I have a situation where for a particular company I have to avoid sending future emails. I do "Unsubscribe" for all leads from that company, but there is no way to ensure that new leads from that company will also get auto-unsubscribed. 

Is there a way, I can list this company and tell MarketO to avoid emails to anybody in this company? Even avoid the Operational emails. 

Thanks,

Naveen

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Avoid sending emails to Unsubscribe

Hi Naveen - Several thoughts.  The first is to ensure that a company recieves no emails at all you'd want to create a smart campaign. That smart campaign would be triggered, Data Value Changes / Company name (contains) COMPANYNAME, COMPANYNAMELONG, COMPANYNAMESHORT, COMPANYNAME CORP. Etc. Any derevation of a company name which could be created should be in the smart list trigger. Then in the flow step change data value Blacklist= True.

This is stronger than an unsubscribe because it negates operational emails. This isn't to be used lightly as the only way to send emails again is to run a different change flow to move them back to blacklisted=false.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Naveen - Several thoughts.  The first is to ensure that a company recieves no emails at all you'd want to create a smart campaign. That smart campaign would be triggered, Data Value Changes / Company name (contains) COMPANYNAME, COMPANYNAMELONG, COMPANYNAMESHORT, COMPANYNAME CORP. Etc. Any derevation of a company name which could be created should be in the smart list trigger. Then in the flow step change data value Blacklist= True.

This is stronger than an unsubscribe because it negates operational emails. This isn't to be used lightly as the only way to send emails again is to run a different change flow to move them back to blacklisted=false.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Adam. This worked for me. With a big lead gen team this kinda becomes necessary.  Instead of company names, I used this with email domain. 

One question however - WIll blacklist work for Operational emails also(Which bypass Unsubcribe). I read conflicting views on that in the forums. 

Thanks,

Naveen

Anonymous
Not applicable

My answer is that Operational emails bypass Unsubscribe, Marketing Suspended & Communication Limits, but not Blacklisting. I often get things wrong though, so if you want to know for certain, blacklist yourself & then deploy an operational email to yourself.