Averaging SFDC Campaign Stats

Anonymous
Not applicable

Averaging SFDC Campaign Stats

We have multiple email programs that we can send to the same person multiple times. We calculate our campaign stats in SFDC using formulas from campaign statuses sent from Marketo (i.e. Sent, Delivered, Opened, Clicked, Responded, Unsubscribed). We have smart campaigns set up to change the campaign status based on the contact's activity.

When a contact is sent an email more than once, the stats for that contact are being overridden instead of averaging out each time they are sent a specific campaign in SFDC. (i.e. Lead A is sent Campaign 1 and clicks the campaign, the next time Lead A is sent campaign 1 they only open the campaign. Stats are being changed to 0% clicked and 100% opened, instead of 100% opened 50% clicked).

Is there anyway to have these campaign stats averaged out in SFDC instead of being overridden? What could be sent to SFDC from Marketo as a trigger that the lead has gone through the campaign again and to average out these stats instead of overriding them?

2 REPLIES 2
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Averaging SFDC Campaign Stats

Hey Bethany,

If I'm reading your question right, you could try constraints when you change program/campaign statuses so that they only move forward. So add a constraint to the flow step, if status is not clicked, responded, unsubscribed, new status = opened. Otherwise "do nothing".

Let me know if that works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Averaging SFDC Campaign Stats

Hi Darrell -

Thanks! That is helpful. This specific question is more on the SFDC side. See below.

Lead A goes through campaign 1 and clicks the campaign. Using program statuses in SFDC, the lead with have 100% opened and 100% clicked.

I will allow the lead to run through these statuses again in Marketo the next time they are sent the campaign (once every 6 months). Currently, if Lead A only opens campaign 1 the next time they run through, the lead would then have 100% opened and 0% clicked in SFDC. My goals is to average out the stats in SFDC for all sends. So I would like the leads stats to appear as 100% opened and 50% clicked in SFDC using program statuses.

How can I left SFDC know that the same lead is running through a specific status for a second time, and to average out these stats (without creating a specific field for every status in every campaign).

I appreciate any advise you have!