SOLVED

Re: Automating 40 product emails from 40 different pages

Go to solution
Sarah_Hare
Level 2

Automating 40 product emails from 40 different pages

Hi,

I have a global form on my 40 product pages which allows people the ability to request research on them. Until now an alert has been sent to a customer service inbox and the research has been sent manually - this has become really time consuming and inefficient so I would like to have this email sent automatically.

The email is essentially the same but with a different link to the product specific research.

Is there a way to have one email and populate the link based on the page where the form has been submitted, or would I have to have 40 different emails and then use a smart campaign to automate the send?

Any ideas or tips would be most appreciated!

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You definitely can automate this! There are a few different methods:

• Update a lead field like Last Requested Asset from a hidden field on the form, then send <a href="http​s://{{Lead.Last Requested Asset}}">
  • Like the above but have the Last Requested Asset be a friendly name instead of a full hostname + path, then use a Velocity token to turn the friendly name into a URL
  • Store the asset links in program-level text {{my.tokens}} and send the email from the program
  • Send a synthetic Munchkin Visit Web Page event on form success, then include {{Trigger.Web Page}} in the email
  • Other permutations of the above

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You definitely can automate this! There are a few different methods:

• Update a lead field like Last Requested Asset from a hidden field on the form, then send <a href="http​s://{{Lead.Last Requested Asset}}">
  • Like the above but have the Last Requested Asset be a friendly name instead of a full hostname + path, then use a Velocity token to turn the friendly name into a URL
  • Store the asset links in program-level text {{my.tokens}} and send the email from the program
  • Send a synthetic Munchkin Visit Web Page event on form success, then include {{Trigger.Web Page}} in the email
  • Other permutations of the above
Sarah_Hare
Level 2

Sanford - thanks very much for your reply.

Just for a little more detail if I use the third method listed below I would have 40 tokens and then use a smart campaign to populate the token on the one email?

I haven't used Velocity tokens before so am a little hesitant - unless you think it is the easiest way then I will investigate further!

SanfordWhiteman

Just for a little more detail if I use the third method listed below I would have 40 tokens and then use a smart campaign to populate the token on the one email?

The third bullet point ("Store the asset links in... {{my.tokens}}") would have one token (of exactly the same name) in every relevant program. It's not so much that you'd use a smart campaign to "populate" the token, it's that the home program of the SC dictates which {{my.token}} will be used.

I haven't used Velocity tokens before so am a little hesitant - unless you think it is the easiest way then I will investigate further!

I love Velocity but here I would lean toward the above.