SOLVED

Automatic Lead Deletion

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatic Lead Deletion

Is there a way to automate the delete lead flow step?  I have a number of leads I would like to delete when I use an email verification webhook, and I'd like to do it in my smart capaign without first having to create a smart list and then manually deleting them?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Automatic Lead Deletion

So if I understand correctly, you have a webhook being called that validates the email address, right? And if the webhook's response is X, you want those leads deleted.

You can set up a trigger smart campaign for when a webhook is called and add a constraint for a specific response. Then you can have the flow step be the delete lead action.

In the Smart List section of your smart campaign, add the "Webhook is called" trigger.  Select the webhook, then add the constraint for "Response" and enter the one you want to delete the leads for.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Is this what you're looking for? https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LAAcCAO
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope I'm understanding what you need correctly.
In the flow of your smart campaign you should be able to create a condition that only acts when a specific field or acitivity is triggered. Then you could reset the default choice to "do nothing". screen shot below. You may have to create a field that is "filled-in or checked" when your email verification is used. Hope this helps
.0EM50000000RveP.jpg
Kim_Allen
Level 10

I'm not sure how your webhook is working but I would make sure not to delete any unsubsctibes... you don't want them ending back up in your database and getting mailed to.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not a filter I can choose though.  This is a manual process.  I am looking for a filter I can use in a smart campaign so I can automate the process.  I apreciate the thought and have looked at this article many times, but it is a manual process.
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

So if I understand correctly, you have a webhook being called that validates the email address, right? And if the webhook's response is X, you want those leads deleted.

You can set up a trigger smart campaign for when a webhook is called and add a constraint for a specific response. Then you can have the flow step be the delete lead action.

In the Smart List section of your smart campaign, add the "Webhook is called" trigger.  Select the webhook, then add the constraint for "Response" and enter the one you want to delete the leads for.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Matt Said. If the Webhook pushes back into the field "verification" the words yes & no, then When Data Value Changes, Verification=NO, then Delete. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt, THANK YOU!!  This is exactly what I was looking for - you're a genius!!  Thank you Thank you, Thank you!!!