Re: Automated response for replies to email alias

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automated response for replies to email alias

Dear Marketo Community,

I am wondering if you know of any work arounds for how to automate a response to reply to/inquiries from Marketo emails?  For example, if we have an email alias ask@abccompany.com, and someone replies to this with an inquiry we would like to automate a response as "thank you for your reply.. we will get back to you.." As far as I know this doesn't seem possible through Marketo, but does any one have any suggestions or a work around on how to manage this?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
John_Clark1
Level 10

There was a discussion similar to this yesterday, but I'm not able to find it now.  Someone mentioned that one of our Launchpoint partners may be able to do something like this.

Marketo isn't currently able to respond to emails automatically like that though.  You could have a campaign setup that you could add leads who respond to, but it would still be a manual process.

John

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, you would need a partner or another email responder provider that can integrate with your email server and then attach responses to the SFDC Record.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In this particular case, where you aren't really trying to determine the sentiment of the reply (whether it's an angry "Unsubscribe me," a friendly "Tell me more," or a neutral "I'm on vacation") you don't need an intelligent integration.  Your email system's autoresponder should do fine.

Naturally Marketo can't do anything for you as the replies are going to @abccompany.com's mailserver.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right.

If you want to automate the sentiment, then something like Siftrock, etc. will work, but that's a separate tool.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In my experience, automated sentiment analysis is (as you like to say!) directionally accurate across a large corpus of text, but it's not accurate enough to trust completely for an arbitrary example. So manual review is still necessary.

Julie_Leo
Level 2

I've set-up general responses like this in Salesforce.com.