Re: Automated emails for blog

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

Automated emails for blog

Has anyone had experience setting up automated emails that populate and send once a post is published in a blogging platform? We are currently using Wordpress and I've seen a few options through Launchpoint but wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or insights.

10 REPLIES 10
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You should get demos of both Digesto and FeedOtter. They have a lot in common, some vital differences and special abilities. Both reliably do everything they say.

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

I was looking into Digesto, so thank you for suggesting another option. I'll look into demos for them. Thanks Sanford!

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hi Namita

I have had a few clients use: Digesto RSS-to-Email for Marketo » Marketo LaunchPoint®  and it has worked well for them in terms of pushing blog content in an email using RSS feed.

Thanks

Floyd

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

Thanks Floyd. I was looking into Digesto. Have your clients said it's pretty easy to use with little maintenance needed?

Floyd_Alvares2
Level 8

Hey Namita,

Well some of those clients have been using Digesto for a few years and they seem pretty happy with it. Now I cannot say that it would do everything you require it to do, so as Sanford says, definitely get a demo and ensure that your requirements can be met.

Thanks

Floyd

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

We will definitely do that. Thank you for that insight from your clients.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Since you're using wordpress, if you have php developers in house and should you wish to DIY, you can achieve the simplest form of automation by triggering an API call to schedule a "listener" batch campaign while passing just the blog content as html to a Marketo token

Namita_Parikh
Level 2

Thanks, Jay! We will explore that option.

Emily_Kucharczy
Level 2

We've been using FeedOtter with WordPress + Marketo for over a year now and love it. Very cost effective.

Emily Kucharczyk