Automated confirmation emails bouncing - Blocked by Symantec

James_Gunn
Level 2

Automated confirmation emails bouncing - Blocked by Symantec

Hello,

We regularly run webinars and are big users of the Marketo - GoToWebinar integration. Customers register via a Marketo form on a Marketo landing page, their program status us update to registered and they are sent a confirmation email from Marketo containing their unique GoToWebinar URL.

However, I've noticed these automated confirmation emails have high hard bounce rates. When I look into our customers' activity records I keep seeing the following message as to why the email bounced:

553-Message filtered. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at 553-http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more 553 information. (#5.7.1)

Strangely, if I manually resend the email it goes through fine. The problem seems to occur when the email is sent via a smart campaign, triggered off a form submit.

Can anyone shed light on what might be happening here? Has anyone experienced this 553 message?

Thanks,

James

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Automated confirmation emails bouncing - Blocked by Symantec

Are there any tokens that may not be populated at the time of the initial send?

Ulf_Deeg
Level 3

Hi Sanford, around that...

if the smart campaign is triggered by Webinar program status > registered, all the custom tokens, such as unique URL to the GoToWebinar shuold be populated by the integration, right? No need to put in an extra wait step, I assume.

Best

Ulf

SanfordWhiteman

A wait step is recommended because (AFAIK) the token is set asynchronously, even if it is very fast in clock time.

James_Gunn
Level 2

Hi guys,

All the tokens are populated. One the program status is updated to registered there is a 1min wait step (just to be safe) before the confirmation email is sent out. The programs have been thoroughly tested and the confirmation emails always contain the unique GoToWebinar URL.

Thanks,

James

Ulf_Deeg
Level 3

thank you for clarification. I thought so

SanfordWhiteman

Actually, the only ones you've tested are the ones that didn't result in a 553.