Automated Opportunity Nurturing Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Automated Opportunity Nurturing Question

Hi Everyone,

We are looking to pilot a new opportunity nurturing campaign in the next few weeks, and I wanted to get some feedback to see if our setup makes sense and it will work according to our thought process.

Basically, we want an automated email to send out to the primary contact on a new opportunity that is moved from being in no opportunity to what we called "A1."

Then after that, when the opportunity moves from "A1" to "A2" another email would be triggered. Below is a screen shot of our logic so far:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

We have the "Was Sent Email" filter in because we don't want an opportunity to come around again, say one was closed and then a new one opened 3 weeks later with the same primary contact, that they would receive the exact same email again.

Any thoughts on this setup? If there are any questions please let me know so I can clarify.

Thanks!

Alec

4 REPLIES 4
Guy_Goldstein6
Level 5

Re: Automated Opportunity Nurturing Question

Hey Alec,

I'll skip the long intro about nurturing theory and get straight to the point for once

Using 2 triggers is always an OR condition, so where you are saying "Added to Opportunity" - That's a trigger, regardless of the stage it's at.

Where you are including the field change for the opportunity stage is a separate trigger altogether.

It seems as though what you're looking for would be something akin to:

Trigger: Added to Opportunity

Trigger: Data Value Changes is Opportunity Stage - New Value is A1

Filter: Opportunity Stage is A1

It's not pretty, but it will do.

The important takeaway from this: Triggers are ALWAYS OR, and you can't build any rules for how they relate to one another.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

i would go one step further and use a recurring batch with the changes in Past X Day to reduce the load on the system.

You actually want Not Was Sent Email to prevent the lead from getting the same email. You may want to consider Engagements to avoid this issue altogether. It's a longer conversation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So does this look like it will get us to where we want to be? Or am I doing both of these set ups in separate smart campaigns? I guess I'm just trying to be clear on the setup.

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also here's the question, say we did go the Engagement route, how would that look compared to this? Setup wise? And we are looking at sending the emails to only one target person on the opportunity, so how would be make sure that only that person would be receiving these emails when they move stage to stage?