Re: Auto Population of Form on Non Marketo Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Population of Form on Non Marketo Pages

Hi All,

I have read a few articles on how to use an iFrame of a Marketo page to auto populate a form on a non-Marketo page. My question is if I neither want to use an iFrame nor a Marketo landing page, is there a way to prepopulate the information of a known contact (coming in via a Marketo email link click) on the form embedded on the web page?

Thanks in advance for all the answers and workable solutions!

3 REPLIES 3
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Cliff,

if you implement what's written in the article, it means you will have to do the REST API call from you web server. NEVER do it from the client side, you would expose yourself to pretty bad consequences (such as DOS on your Marketo API and ny type of misuse that people would make from your REST API credentials).

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's not just that. The whole approach is incredibly dangerous even when the API is called from the server, and IMO should never have been published. Merely proxying REST API calls in response to end user actions, but not performing any rate limiting, is still giving those users implicit control over a mission-critical part of your architecture.

We run into fallacies like this a lot in security, where for example somebody perceives that because an attacker doesn't have access to read the database credentials, they're somehow limited in what they can do.  While it's true that not being able to copy and paste the credentials into for a later attack is good (same with the Marketo situation), if a webserver lets me send whatever SQL queries I want, it doesn't matter that I don't know the username + password that are used to log me in.