SOLVED

Attribution reporting / program build - best practice

Go to solution
Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Attribution reporting / program build - best practice

We're in the process of setting up attribution reporting for all our campaigns. We are also launching various industry campaigns at the same time and was wondering what would be the best and most efficient way to build these to ensure we can still capture the channels related to that industry.

As we’re going to be gradually rolling out numerous industries, what do you think would be the best approach to use? We want each campaign to run alongside the attribution reporting so unique channels and tags can be applied to each program related to the relevant industry? Aware this would involve cloning the programs each time and could get very busy due to the volume of industries we're planning to target over the coming months so adding to the one program (using dynamic content) would be best, also in terms of ease but just want to make sure it will be easy or even possible to still report on the individual segments?

Thanks,
Ellie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Attribution reporting / program build - best practice

Hi Ellie!

Do you have a program tag for Industry? I have found that to be very helpful when segmenting out my reporting. Create Custom Tags - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

You can pull the tag values into RCE to split out your reporting by Industry.

If you want to do dynamic content by Industry, make sure you build a segmentation in Lead Database for Industry.

If you're asking how you can have 1 program with multiple industries represented but still report on them totally separately...I sympathize. I have the same issue and it can get hairy, but having the segmentation helps. There are a lot of standard program level reports that have a Group by Segmentation filter under setup that can help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SydneyMulligan

Hi Ellie!

Do you have a program tag for Industry? I have found that to be very helpful when segmenting out my reporting. Create Custom Tags - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

You can pull the tag values into RCE to split out your reporting by Industry.

If you want to do dynamic content by Industry, make sure you build a segmentation in Lead Database for Industry.

If you're asking how you can have 1 program with multiple industries represented but still report on them totally separately...I sympathize. I have the same issue and it can get hairy, but having the segmentation helps. There are a lot of standard program level reports that have a Group by Segmentation filter under setup that can help.

Ellie_Boardman-
Level 4

Hi Sydney,

We're still the process of setting up the tags but there will definitely be tags built for our industries. We don't have RCE but is is something we will be investing in, in the future.

Your final point is exactly what I'm after - I have the segments built ready for the dynamic content so I'll have a play around with the reports as you suggest as this sounds like I could achieve the basic level of what I'm after. Thanks!

Josh_Hill13

It's unclear how you have decided to setup MT. Can you explain further?